Sunday, November 14, 2010

Artwork Treatment and Target Audience

ARTWORK TREATMENT


- For abstract, variation of color is needed to form an abstract of excited emotions. From there, I will create some sort of distortion effect, to generally give the idea of someone who becomes so excited, can sometimes go crazy. The abstract that I would like to design is not really in form of something or someone, but trying to visualize of how someone’s feeling.


- For illustrative artwork, I try to design a graffiti art style, with a chosen quote text that match with the style. It is quite a challenge whether to just some basic colors for the artwork or just all types of color, to visualize the excited moments. I also would include the figure drawing, but it is more in shaded (silhouette) style. The figure drawing shows a person who feels very excited with some sort of exciting pose.


My Target Audience:

Teenagers above 18 years old

The reason why I choose 18 years teenagers is because this kind of group people is usually tends to have a very great excited things that can be happened to them. For instance, teenagers, in Malaysia, when turned into 13, they still need to learn in school after finishing primary school and continue their studying in the secondary school or high school. At that time, most teenagers have feel the pain of studying, taking examination and test, like PMR and SPM. Cut to the short, after they done with the main examination and going to 18, they will have some sort of great, excited feeling. They don't need to study and go to schools. Of course every teenagers has different thoughts of what are they going to do after finishing school, whether they want to continue study to university, or going to oversea, or finding a job or get married. All of that are actually the excited moment of what teenagers are waiting for. Personally, that what am I thinking before and I think that would be appropriate for me to produce the artworks based on the current situation of 18 years old teenagers (or young adult).


No comments:

Post a Comment